1. On the territory of the former Turkish fortress, there are still religious institutions of that period – The Small Khan Mosque of the 16th century (the oldest building in the city), as well as St. Nicholas and Holy Assumption churches, the origin of which goes back to the distant XVII century.
2. The Church of the Holy Myrrhbearing Women of the late XIX century is on the territory of the Memorial Park. The paintings were created by a well-known artist Andrei Burbele and his sons. Nearby in the park, there is a Pantheon of the Burta family, known in the history of Izmail, – a crypt of the early XX century, in which the ashes of 8 family members were kept until the 60s, including the head of the family, a wealthy manufacturer of Belgian origin.
3. The Church of St. Constantine and Helena, and earlier – the Episcopal Cathedral of the Belgorod-Izmail Diocese was built by the architect Boris Ulinich, reflecting Romanian traditions. From 1962 to 1992 the Museum of Atheism was housed here. On the territory of the temple is also the Episcopal House of 1931, which houses the chambers of His Grace Agafangel, Metropolitan of Odessa and Izmail. Relax in the shade of the trees while enjoying the freshness of the wonderful lily pond.
4. One of the remarkable sights of Izmail is the Holy Intercession Cathedral (architect Abraham Melnikov), is located in the very center of the city. More than a century has passed since 1821, when its construction began, up to the present appearance – with a colonnade, a bell tower and a clock. The bells are cast from Turkish cannons, and the largest of them is 650 poods (almost 11 tons) and is one of the largest in Ukraine – its clapper weighs 900 kilograms. The semicircular colonnades of the Tuscan order, designed by the Italian Angelo de Vecca, were completed in the Romanian period in 1936.
5.The exact date of the construction of the Roman Catholic Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary is unknown, but according to some sources this happened in the middle of the 19th century. The neo-Gothic temple is the only abode of the Roman Catholic community in Izmail.
6. In the Soviet period, the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary of the XIX century was one of the architectural monuments that was under state protection. Today, it serves to unite the Old Believers and the Orthodox, thus uniting the two churches into one. This is the only temple where marriage between Orthodox and Old Believers is consecrated, and therefore it is also called co-religious.
7. This tour endsat the Chapel of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker – the patron saint of all sailors. Back in 1851, here, on the bank of the Danube, its predecessor was built in honor of the meeting of the Trans-Danube Cossacks of Ataman Gladky and Emperor Nicholas I. According to the photographs and a plan, the chapel was rebuilt in 2005 at the expense of Izmail sailors, port workers, coastal service workers and other locals.